- Make cards for the words me, we, he, she.
- Copy the long vowel worksheets. Worksheet for long vowel E wordsWorksheet for long vowel I wordsWorksheet for ay long vowel words (You may want to do another lesson on AY words. may, say, day and a lesson for I words. I, hi, sky, fly, why)
- Locate the book: He Bear, She Bear by Stan and Jan Berenstain
Lesson: Rule: Vowels alone not followed by a consonant and at the end of a syllable, especially the first syllable, are usually long.
- Discuss the rule.
- Read together all the word cards.
- Read the story He Bear, She Bear by Stan and Jan Berenstain.
- Do the worksheet/s together. Write the letter to finish the word and review the sound, combine the consonant with the long vowel and sound out the word, then draw a picture …
View original post 97 more words